Although osteoarthritis bracing isn’t new, approaching treatment from the foot is. Relief is in sight, with the Agilium Freestep solution providing pain reduction and an increase in compliance.
The Agilium Freestep OA Solution controls the subtalar joint in combination with a lever arm to counter the varus moment acting on the knee.
These forces are activated dynamically during the gait cycle. At heel strike, the ground reaction force engages the footplate and lever arm with a valgus force to reduce the varus moment and off-load the knee joint (figure 1). This dynamic action potentially allows patients to wear the device for longer durations and with greater comfort.
Overview of the Product Features
Ankle-Foot-Orthosis (AFO) offers dynamic off- loading of the knee joint to promote increased mobility and delay surgical intervention.
• Eliminates migration issues
• Measureable load shifting to help relieve pain*
• Reduces forces at the knee by focusing at the foot
• Can easily be concealed under clothing
• Lightweight minimalist design
• Simple application in the shoe
• No weight limitations
*Quantitative measurement using Ottobock L.A.S.A.R. Posture Machine.
• Indicated for medial or lateral unicompartmental osteoarthritis.