WHAT is it?
Osteoarthritis of the spine is common with aging. It involves two things.
- A breakdown of the cartilage in the facet joints, which link together the spine’s vertebrae.
- Abnormal bony growths, called osteophytes or bone spurs develop on the vertebrae.
WHY do I have it?
Past injuries, aging and chronic poor posture increases the likelihood of osteoarthritic joint degeneration as well as other degenerative changes in the spine.
WHEN does it hurt?
The pain comes and goes. Usually a consistent low level of pain punctuated by flare-ups of more intense pain. Certain activities such as arching, twisting and heavy lifting doing too much in the day are the culprits. Back pain and stiffness that is worse after prolonged inactivity, such as upon getting out of bed in the morning.
The BRACING EXPERTS Advice:
Protect the back. A proper brace will promote proper posture and fight fatigue. Both of these benefits can be achieved when fitted for a proper brace you want to wear. Learn how and when to use the brace properly from our Bracing Experts.
The Kinetic Konnection Advantage:
- All braces in stock, ready to try on.
- Superhero like staff (Human Kinetic Education)
- Widest and greatest selection of braces, splints, supports.
- Always first in customer service.
No Appointment Necessary!Learn more